How to find RSSI from WICED SMART?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like to add RSSI from WICED SMART to the trace. Please tell me where this is located. Is this captured in an example program?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Carlos,

RSSI is valid ONLY when the device is a peripheral and is connected to a central.

Your App can use:

/// Reads the RSSI info collected for the current connection.
/// \return RSSI value in dB. When not connected or not known yet, will return 127.
int blecm_ReadRSSI(void);

With 2.0.1 SDK (20736/20737), in central mode, RSSI is one of the fields in the ADV packet.

The same function above can be used to read RSSI when connected.

Hope this helps.

JT

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to clarify, I would be using WICED SMART as BLE peripheral and I would like to monitor RSSI.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello cjurdane,

Based on your last post: Testing WICED SMART with Android Cellphone - you wish to monitor RSSI using another method other than the LightBlue App?

More exact measurements can be performed with a Frontline Sniffer as we do here in the lab.

Is this what you were looking for in your question?

JT

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello JT,

Yes, I would like to be able to see RSSI from the WICED SMART as a peripheral. For instance, suing the hello sensor sample code. Please tell me how I could find this value (RSSI).

Regards,

Carlos Urdaneta

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Carlos,

We use a Frontline Sniffer to get more accurate RSSI readings as it produces a log file that contains the RSSI values.

JT

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello JT,

Is this available in a function in the code of the WICED SMART? Even if low accuracy, I am interested in the RSSI value provided by the WICED SMART board.

Regards,

Carlos Urdaneta

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Carlos,

RSSI is valid ONLY when the device is a peripheral and is connected to a central.

Your App can use:

/// Reads the RSSI info collected for the current connection.
/// \return RSSI value in dB. When not connected or not known yet, will return 127.
int blecm_ReadRSSI(void);

With 2.0.1 SDK (20736/20737), in central mode, RSSI is one of the fields in the ADV packet.

The same function above can be used to read RSSI when connected.

Hope this helps.

JT