PSoC 6 BLE Pioneer Kit (CY8CKIT-062-BLE) PRE-ORDERS Available Now!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello PSoC 6 Early Adopters!

I am pleased to announce that as of today, the PSoC 6 BLE Pioneer Kit (CY8CKIT-062-BLE) is available to Pre-Order at Cypress’ Distribution Partners! Be the first to get your hands on the highly anticipated Development Kit for Cypress’ PSoC 6 MCU: Purpose-Built for the IoT.

Develop Groundbreaking Designs for the IoT

updatepsoc6 board.jpg

PRE-ORDER NOW: PSoC 6 BLE Pioneer Kit

The PSoC 6 BLE Pioneer Kit (CY8CKIT-062-BLE) includes:

• CY8C6347 ARM® Cortex®-M4/M0+ dual-core PSoC 6 with Bluetooth 5.0 compatibility
  • On-board 512Mb Quad-SPI NOR Flash memory
  • On-board EZ-PD™ CCG3 USB Type-C Controller with Power Delivery
  • Rechargeable Li-Po battery support
  • CapSense® touch slider, buttons and proximity sensors
  • On-board programmer/debugger (Kitprog2)
  • Super-capacitor for backup power
  • Arduino® UNO v3 Shield headers
  • 2.7-inch E-ink Display Shield (CY8CKIT-028-EPD)

Pre-Orders Available Now at Cypress’ Distribution Partners:

pastedImage_1.pngpastedImage_2.pngpastedImage_4.png   
​​​pastedImage_6.pngpastedImage_3.pngpastedImage_9.pnghttp://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/radio-frequency-development-kits/1367817/?sra=pmpn

​​

31 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome! Thank you. Ordered.

Any better estimates on the ETA?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello!

Yes, expect these kits in early-mid September.

Thanks!

Hello,

it is mentioned in this comment: https://community.cypress.com/videos/1491#comment-6214​ , ca. October 2017.

David

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Can I know where are these kits being manufactured? I checked the pricing on few online stores given above, they are a bit costly for me.

Also Farnell shows that the kits are being manufactured in India. Does that mean the shipping charges will be less if we order it in India only?

Thank You!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

September seems like a long way off.  I was thinking you would have this available by end of July time frame. 

Also, why not incorporate MRAM into this chip?  That seemed like a logical next step for your earlier acquisition...

Anonymous
Not applicable

interesting, but too expensive for me atm. still waiting to see if I win one though. and waiting for the gumstick format ones.

DaEr_349131
Level 5
Level 5
25 likes received 50 sign-ins 5 comments on KBA

HI,

Will you also release the wearables version of the kit?

i.e. PSoC 6 BLE Wearables Demo | DigiKey Electronics

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello!

It's in the works, and is planned to be released sometime mid next year. First, will come the PSoC 6 BLE Pioneer Kit

Thanks for the question and let me know if there are other questions you may have!

0 Likes
user_1570836
Level 4
Level 4
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 25 sign-ins

Hello,

Can this kit be operated directly from Li-Po battery? Can it charge the battery from other power source?

0 Likes
AsRa_264661
Level 4
Level 4
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 likes received

How do we can connect to Internet?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot, order confirmed!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has Cypress made their dev tools available on Linux/OSX (and I don't mean through a VM)?

I've designed several products which use PSoC4 and PSoC5LP, but I won't include another PSoC in a design if the tools don't change. Good on you for standard ARM GCC and your HAL being multiplatform, but the Creator IDE is very, very poor. At an absolute minimum please release all the synthesis/P&R tools as multiplatform CLI binaries. I can write Verilog and develop that side without a GUI and without a VM.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello!

Unfortunately, the dev tools we have today, i.e. PSoC Creator does not support Linux/OSX. We are planning future dev tools to support other OS's. It sounds like your experience with Creator is not positive, could you provide more feedback so that we can try to improve our tools for you?

Thanks!

0 Likes

We don’t have a solution today for Linux-based programmable digital development to take advantage of the Universal Digital Blocks in our devices; however, we do have a solution for using IDEs in the Linux environment to do PSoC-based development with our Peripheral Driver Libraries (PDL)…so while not an all encompassing solution, you can use and take advantage of the majority of the features provided within a Linux development environment, just lacking the digital logic content.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dears

which version of Psoc creater I should use when use Psoc6 chip.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

You will want PSoC Creator 4.2

0 Likes

cypress, where do we find the sch for the psoc 6 pioneer vs wearable kits?

Anonymous
Not applicable

where can I down load the PSoC Creater 4.2? I can not find it in CY website.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Having to log in to view news alerts sent by email is ridiculous.

Are you trying to make it difficult for people to learn about your products?

MoCh_295286
Level 1
Level 1

Yay!

0 Likes
KaGr_1303411
Level 2
Level 2
First like received

We have an IO board in development now that this would likely work well for, but the timing on the pioneer board is not too good

I wish the timeline were faster - while I love the PSoC 5LP for I/O, the security just isn't there for hostile environments.

0 Likes
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

The Arduino style pinout is unnatural for PSoC, it breaks ports apart. Will wait for a gumstick version. Why e-paper display, was it really cheaper?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mouser is saying 10/23/2017 for estimated ship date.

0 Likes

Because the e-ink display is perfect for low power applications (which are also the target applications for PSoC 6) - it has no standby current.

0 Likes
DaEr_349131
Level 5
Level 5
25 likes received 50 sign-ins 5 comments on KBA

Hi, where do we find the sch for the psoc 6 pioneer vs wearable kits?

0 Likes

The beta release of 4.2 is imminent. We hope to have it available this week.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will there ever be a dev board layout like the CY8KIT-059? I love the setup on these boards and they are great for dev testing and for at home applications.

I don't care much for shield based setups, and attached extras like the touch sensor. I love the detachable programmer setup of the CY8Ckit. If you guys make a board like that with the PSOC6 and they are well priced, I will for sure buy a handful. With the 059 and 049 kits priced so low, they make great handouts for my friends

It's same with me. I don't care about onboard sensors(I can connect my own of any kind) and arduino ports. And I can't afford a handful of higher-cost kits.

If there would be something like -059 with PSoC6(and of course BLE radio and antenna) I would buy a handful of them. In the better case dual-core version of the PSoC6.

0 Likes

Hello,

have a look at this topic: Re: Low cost development board PSoC6

We will probably have to wait till the following year.

David

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to mention...  the PSoC 6 BLE Pioneer Kit arrived today (Sep. 30, 2017). Had pre-ordered it on DigiKey back in July.

The kit contains the main dev board, the e-Ink display, a USB dongle, a USB-C cable (it's the first devkit I've seen with a USB-C connector), and some jumper wires.

Looks like it's pretty well put together. Will be playing with it this weekend.

0 Likes