A2DP sink support on combo chip

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having trouble understanding which Wi-Fi/BT combo chips, if any, can act as A2DP sinks and send the resulting audio via I2S to a DSP. There is some discussion of the 43907 line being able to do this, and indeed some of those are listed as valid platforms in apps/snip/bluetooth_audio/bluetooth_audio.mk. However, when I looked up the only 43907 model for which I could find documentation, the CYW43907KWBG, the datasheet indicates that it is Wi-Fi only. Do these other versions with WCD, WAE, and APS suffixes exist anywhere, or are they yet to be released?

I presently have a BCM94343WWCD1 dev board; although it has the right radio bits and I2S ports, it seems this is not supported by Cypress. Is that true, and if so, could someone tell me what the missing pieces are?

Thanks,

--Doug Brunner

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked
0 Likes
3 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

A2DP Src1.3 & Snk1.0 are supported on the CYW20706 Dual Mode BT device.

The 43907 is WiFi only.  There is a USI Partner module with the 43907 + 20707 onboard the same module, so that may be what's referenced in your example above.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the clarification. Is it true, then, that WICED cannot set up an A2DP sink on the 4343?

0 Likes
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

CYW4343W ( http://www.cypress.com/file/298081/download  ) supports A2DP sink.

0 Likes