Does the FileX library bundled in WICED Studio include LevelX?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm using a SPI NOR Serial Flash chip as my storage device and I realized that the FatFs filesystem that comes with the WICED Studio 4.x doesn't manage erase before write or do wear leveling for you. I looked up FileX and according to their website, there's an add-on called LevelX that does wear leveling. I'm wondering if LevelX is already included in the FileX binary that comes with WICED Studio? If not, can anyone recommend a good wear leveling / FTL (flash translation layer) software for embedded systems? Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
GauravS_31
10 questions asked 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

We could not find any information on LevelX in WICED Studio. Regarding wear-leveling, there is a field fx_media_driver_free_sector_update that is a member of structure FX_MEDIA. According to the FileX User Guide, "The DRIVER sets this to FX_TRUE when it needs to know when clusters are released. This is important for FLASH wear-leveling drivers." You can check the same in ../libraries/filesystems/FileX/WICED/filex_to_block_device_driver.c.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
GauravS_31
10 questions asked 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

We could not find any information on LevelX in WICED Studio. Regarding wear-leveling, there is a field fx_media_driver_free_sector_update that is a member of structure FX_MEDIA. According to the FileX User Guide, "The DRIVER sets this to FX_TRUE when it needs to know when clusters are released. This is important for FLASH wear-leveling drivers." You can check the same in ../libraries/filesystems/FileX/WICED/filex_to_block_device_driver.c.

0 Likes