Improvements to PSoC Creator software

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DePo_2335546
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

I would like to offer 3 cool ideas that could improve PSoC Creator:

1. Integrate it with PCB routing software, e.g. Altium Designer (AD) in the following way. AD has a feature: if there are several identical sub-parts (e.g. gates in a logic IC) AD can connect traces autmatically for better routing. It would be gread if AD could do the same with PSoC pins. For example, if you connect a PGA to a pin, there are several pins that could be connected and there is no difference between them. Hence, you would just make a trace and AD would connect it to an avaliable pin automatically.

2. Add possibility to work with several displays. It is very useful though, e.g. one display for code, another for schematic, etc.

3. Add full-screen mode.

2 Replies
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

I recently found out that you can have code and schematic open at the same time - right click on one of the tab headers, and create a new tab group from there.

Unfortunately you cannot make the main editor windows floating (like all the others).

0 Likes

Unfortunately the ability to detach a tab from the editing window is not supported. We use a 3rd-party package to build the PSoC Creator window and it is not available in that software. As a result we do not have a good path to enabling that. It is a shame but i think it is a limitation we just have to live with. I know I would like to be able to do that and, if we ever move to a new solution, I'll be a strong advocate for making it a requirement.