Link error "undefined reference to `platform_i2c_write' platform_i2c_write" on AVNET 4343W

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm using WICED SDK 4.0 to develop a prototype on AVNET BCM4343W IOT Starter Kit.

The example demo/bt_smartbridge works very well now.

Then, I try to enable sensor via I2C interface using the set of wiced_i2c_xxxx APIs,

but the compiler tell me there's error:

C:\Users\brian_chen\Documents\WICED\WICED-Studio-4.0\43xxx_Wi-Fi/WICED/platform/MCU/STM32F4xx/../wiced_platform_common.c:276: undefined reference to `platform_i2c_write'

tools/makefiles/wiced_elf.mk:262: recipe for target 'build/demo.bc_I2C_sensor-BCM94343W_AVN/binary/demo.bc_I2C_sensor-BCM94343W_AVN.elf' failed

make.exe[1]: *** [build/demo.bc_I2C_sensor-BCM94343W_AVN/binary/demo.bc_I2C_sensor-BCM94343W_AVN.elf] Error 1

Makefile:308: recipe for target 'main_app' failed

make: *** [main_app] Error 2

Does this mean an wrong platform file? or I lose something? please advise.

Thank you.

Brian

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Brian,

The API wiced_i2c_write() are only supported for 4390x series. For STM based platforms please use wiced_i2c_transer() API. Take a look at the following blog post for an example of usage of these functions.

I2C Interface For FXOS8700 on FRDM-STBC-AGM01

Thanks,

Jaeyoung

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same result when I compile BCM94343WWCD1. It seems don't link to platform_peripherial

Any advice?

0 Likes

Hi Brian,

The API wiced_i2c_write() are only supported for 4390x series. For STM based platforms please use wiced_i2c_transer() API. Take a look at the following blog post for an example of usage of these functions.

I2C Interface For FXOS8700 on FRDM-STBC-AGM01

Thanks,

Jaeyoung

Anonymous
Not applicable

It works! Thank you a lot!

0 Likes