how to debug BCM943341WCD1 with wiced

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am doing something using BCM943341WCD1 board, but there is some questions.

one: I had built a project "snip.gpio-BCM943341WCD1 download run", it can be down and run, and the result is correct.but when I built a project "snip.gpio-BCM943341WCD1-debug download" to debug, it can be debug at the first. when it jump to function "wiced_init()" in file of gpio.c, i don't know that where is it run to, i can't see the cursor of the run, but the JTAG_led is flashing. It run correcttly after pressing button of terminate.

I don't know why, maybe i lost some configuration?                                                                                                                                                                                              TWO: There are 3 files about network, such as LwIP、NetX and Netx_Duo, the project of tcp_server use Netx_Duo by configured.I want to know the position of configuration to select the other network file.                                                                                                                                                          Please help me!                                                                                                        Thank you !                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    All the best wishes for you!

0 Likes
3 Replies
AndrewY_86
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

Hello,

Can you give detail on what you are trying to debug and where are you setting your breakpoints?

You can choose the RTOS/network stack by modifying the make target.

For example:

snip.scan-BCM943341WCD1-FreeRTOS-LwIP download run

snip.scan-BCM943341WCD1-ThreadX-NetX_Duo download run

snip.scan-BCM943341WCD1-ThreadX-NetX download run

There is more information on how to use the make targets in WICED-SDK/Makefile

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your answer!

I am trying to debug gpio.c, there are the details as below:

1. The evaluation board type is BCM943341WCD1, it is connected to computer running windows XP system through mini_USB.

2. I create new project of 'snip.gpio-BCM943341WCD1-debug download' and make target, there is no err.

3. Pressing F11 key to enter debug mode, the project can be debug by pressing F5 or F6. Jtag led is flashing at the time of debug.

4. Setting a breakpoiont at function of wiced_init() in file of 'gpio.c'.

5. Clickling the line of 'main' function in '_start' function in file of  'crt0_GCC.c' to put the cursor in the line of 'main' function,

6. The program run to 'main' function by pressing 'Ctrl + R'.

7. The program jump to 'gpio.c' file by pressing F6 and Jtag led is flashing always,  but do not halt at the breakpoiont of 'wiced_init'. I think it shoud be halt.

8. The program run correctly after pressing button of terminate.

Quesition:

1. Why the program do not halt at the breakpoiont in the 7th step above?

Looking  forward  to your reply!                                                                                                       

Thank you !                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

All the best wishes for you!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Have solved this problem? I also face the same problem with you. I will be appreciate of you if you can give me a help

Bryan Zhang

0 Likes