Problem building with WICED Smart SDK 2.2.3 IDE and making wiced sense

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have two problem.

The first,

I developed BLE product using BCM920737TAG-03 and SDK2.2.3 under windows 10.

When it compiled(built),  errors was occured as blow.

"makefile:184: recipe for target '../../build/hello_sensor-BCM920736TAG_Q32-rom-ram-Wiced-release/A_20736A1-hello_sensor-rom-ram-spar.cgs' failed"

"Makefile:350: recipe for target 'hello_sensor-BCM920736TAG_Q32' failed"

I confirmed switch setting and any configuration according to Qucik Start Guide.

Everything was correct.

I tried the other desktop installed windows 7.

As a result, it worked very well.

I don't know the difference between windows 7 and windows 10.

Please help me.

The second,

Using desktop installed windows 7, i tried to make WICED sense application.

But, there was no  wiced sense item in Make Target window of smart IDE .

In Apps directory, there was wiced sense folder.

How can i build and download wiced sense.

Please, let me know.

Thanks a lot.

0 Likes
1 Solution
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

Ver 2.2.3 should be relatively stable on Win10 and I haven't see any feedback otherwise lately.

In your case, the error message (in red) pointed to an issue in the makefile rather than the stability of the SDK

in Win10, although I take note that the same installation in Win7 did not resulted in any compilation issue.

I suggest that you continue to work in Win7 environment and let me quote some make targets from my own SDK (in Win7)

wiced_sense-BCM920737TAG_Q32 download BT_DEVICE_ADDRESS=1234AA4567BB UART=COM23

wiced_sense-BCM920737TAG_Q32 recover UART=COM63

wiced_sense-BCM920737TAG_Q32 build

The last will just build your compilation and not download it onto your board. You may want to acquire a SENSE board if you are truly working on an application for it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee

Ver 2.2.3 should be relatively stable on Win10 and I haven't see any feedback otherwise lately.

In your case, the error message (in red) pointed to an issue in the makefile rather than the stability of the SDK

in Win10, although I take note that the same installation in Win7 did not resulted in any compilation issue.

I suggest that you continue to work in Win7 environment and let me quote some make targets from my own SDK (in Win7)

wiced_sense-BCM920737TAG_Q32 download BT_DEVICE_ADDRESS=1234AA4567BB UART=COM23

wiced_sense-BCM920737TAG_Q32 recover UART=COM63

wiced_sense-BCM920737TAG_Q32 build

The last will just build your compilation and not download it onto your board. You may want to acquire a SENSE board if you are truly working on an application for it.

0 Likes
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee

I want to clarify that I used the above targets on my Wiced Sense board, and not the tag3 board.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks your response.

I bought WICED sense2 board aleady.

And, Creating new item in Make Target of WICED Smart SDK was success and added wiced_sense in its pane as below.

But, In WICED Sense app of Adroid, TEMP, PRES, HUMD sensor worked very well, otherwise GYRD, ACCEL sensor didn't work.

Create Make Targer.jpg

So, l guess that method of Creating Make Target was wrong.

Let me know, how could i creating wiced sense.

I have one more qusetion.

My application product is insulin pump for diabetes.

There is external host, and i should developing interface between host to BLE.

So, i will use SPI interface of BCM(CYW)20736S module.

My board's pins were assgined as P02_CS_P24_CLK_P04_MOSI_P25_MISO.

In "spiffydriver.h" under "include/Drivers/20737" folder of SDK, above combination is not present.

Why isn't 20736 driver?

Could i insert above combination in  "spiffydriver.h" source?

Please help me.

In addition,

From what i understand, i could try both using WICKED smart designer and spi-comm_slave-BCM920736TAG_Q32 download for spi.

When a code is generated automatically by selecting spi of Device Peripherals and Interfaces menu in WICKED smart designer, how it work?

I couldn't find source related SPI in above code.

Could i use spi-comm_slave-BCM920736TAG_Q32 download for my project?

I am sorry to have bothered you.

Thanks a lot.

0 Likes

There is nothing wrong in the definition of your target but I noted something unusual in the "Build command". I thought it should be a backlash dividing the folders but you had a "W" sign instead. I used a version 1.08 Wiced Sense Android APP with a Sense 1 and found no issue with it. Perhaps do a recovery and give it a fresh download.

If you cannot find the above combination in spiffydriver.h file, it simply means that it is not supported. There is a table that spells out the supported combinations in the WICED_Smart_Hardware_Interfaces.pdf that you can use. The spi_comm_master app would also be a good reference. I will not use the Smart Designer.

WICED Smart Hardware Interfaces

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi btta,

I resolved WICED Sense2 problem using wiced_sense_2_factory_Firmware.

Please help SPI problem.

Thank you.

0 Likes