Does the chip have a CAN ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
XiaoPing_Yang
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

Does the chip have a CAN ?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Our first PSoC 6 lineup for the PSoC 6 MCU architecture is the PSoC 63 Connectivity line, which does not have CAN. However, the PSoC 6 MCU architecture has been built to be flexible, meaning that additional features, such as CAN and other analog and digital features can be added. We do have plans for a PSoC 6 MCU lineup that supports so stay tuned!

Thanks for the question, and let me know if you have other questions!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Our first PSoC 6 lineup for the PSoC 6 MCU architecture is the PSoC 63 Connectivity line, which does not have CAN. However, the PSoC 6 MCU architecture has been built to be flexible, meaning that additional features, such as CAN and other analog and digital features can be added. We do have plans for a PSoC 6 MCU lineup that supports so stay tuned!

Thanks for the question, and let me know if you have other questions!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there anything about CAN that would prevent the physical layer from being implemented in PLD logic with software emulation of the higher layers?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

A software implementation should be possible, I have never seen one though. You can also buy an external CAN controller IC that talks over SPI.