When will Cypress have Bluetooth 5?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
daro_1547851
Level 1
Level 1
Welcome! First question asked First reply posted

When will Cypress have Bluetooth 5?

0 Likes
1 Solution
ArvindK_86
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins 10 solutions authored

Yup, PSoC 6 BLE will support some BLE 5.0 features like the 2mbps transmit/receive. Can you please share any BLE5.0 specific features you intend to use?

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess, When they will release PSoC 6 along with their EV kit.!

Is any scope for new RF device come with supports of multiple protocols including all the new features of Bluetooth 5 plus 802.15.4-based protocols such as Thread, ANT and 2.4GHz proprietary.

0 Likes
ArvindK_86
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins 10 solutions authored

Yup, PSoC 6 BLE will support some BLE 5.0 features like the 2mbps transmit/receive. Can you please share any BLE5.0 specific features you intend to use?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Im currently using CYBL10161-56LQXI PRoC and one more PSoC 4 chip in an application which communicates to android app. The profile i am using is HID over BLE and custom BLE profile. In the case of HID over BLE i am sending data every 1ms which is of size 37 bytes.

So, when you are saying 2Mbps data rate, it will not change the max HID speed at which data is sent i.e. 1ms since HID is fixed standard, right??? But, i am preferring HID since no driver need to be installed and android app development is easy. And this will even ease my development when i will make same app on windows, since no HID driver installation is required and HID over BLE is supported in windows 10 as far as I know.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

PSoC 6 BLE just support 2Mbps,if you want to support all BLE 5.0 features,PSoC 6 BLE must update PHY.