wiced_init() failed due to filesystem init fail?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having trouble with the BCM94343W_AVN platform (4343W with STM32F411 MCU) and SDK 4.0.1. The wiced_init() would hang and fail because of platform_filesystem_init().

And more specifically, through the help of GDB, I find that result = wicedfs_init( 0, read_callback, &resource_fs_handle, &wicedfs_sflash_handle ); would return -1.

Inside wicedfs_init, it fails here:

bytes_read = read_func( user_param, &fs_header, (wicedfs_usize_t) sizeof(fs_header), base );

if ( bytes_read != sizeof(fs_header) )

{

return -1;

}

Does anyone have any idea of what could go wrong? Other examples can compile just fine. And I don't have code executed before wiced_init().

1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem solved: it was a hardware wiring problem (caused by an error in the datasheet). More info here:

http://cloudconnectkits.org/forum/topic/feedback-error-datasheet

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

No one?

0 Likes

Adding the Corp Apps team: rashlsrimadygrsrajai

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Josh Yu,

We are using the same kit and SDK and we are not facing any such issues. Please let me know that following:

1) Any changes have you done in the SDK?

2) Is Avent provided you the platform files?

3) What application and conditions in which you are facing this issue?

4) Steps to reproduce the issue?

This will help us to narrow down and provide you the assistance.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi rash

This problem only happens in the debug build (when "-debug" is added to the make target). I'm also use the ST-Link V2 as my debugger instead of the FTDI debugger, so the definition of JTAG in wiced_toolchain_common.mk is pointing at "scripts/interface/stlink-v2". Other than that, everything in the SDK is standard and un-modified.

Thanks,

Josh

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem solved: it was a hardware wiring problem (caused by an error in the datasheet). More info here:

http://cloudconnectkits.org/forum/topic/feedback-error-datasheet

0 Likes