WICED SDK 3.0? 2.4.1?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
StKi_2157971
Level 3
Level 3
First like received

I saw in the below some thread that <WICED SDK 3.0> will be released soon (in a month).

But, yesterday <Broadcom docSAFE> noticed me that <WICED SDK 2.4.1> just released officially.

I'm confused.

Does <WICED SDK 3.0> mean <WICED SDK 2.4.1>, in fact?

or

Will <WICED SDK 3.0> be released, apart from <WICED SDK 2.4.1>?

If so, is there anybody who know the official release schedule of <WICED SDK 3.0>?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

No. WICED-SDK 3.0.0 has already been release to selected customers. It includes support for:

- BCM43362 as supported in WICED-SDK 2.4.x

- BCM43341 dual-band 11n WLAN + Bluetooth 4.0 combo

- BCM4390 11 WLAN + Apps Core SoC

- WICED Audio (Apple Airplay for MFi licencees and Bluetooth Audio)

Unless targeting for 43341, 4390, or Audio, we suggest customers use WICED-SDK 2.4.1 as this is will be supported for awhile in parallel with WICED-SDK 3.0.0. Customers may put up a request to be granted access to WICED-SDK 3.0.0

View solution in original post

0 Likes
13 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

WICED SDK 3.0 will be released separately from WICED SDK 2.4.1 and is expected to be released before the end of the week. The plan was to release SDK 3.0 at the same time as SDK 2.4.1 however we are delaying it for a week to ensure we include some requested features.

SDK 2.4.1 is a patch release for 2.4.0 with only a minimal set of changes while SDK 3.0 contains major redesigns for parts of the SDK and will include additional features as well as support for other Broadcom Wi-Fi chips.

0 Likes

I have a one more question about SDK 3.0.

Last year, I was told that WPA-Enterprise can be supported by 2014 1Q

Does <SDK 3.0> support WPA-Enterprise(EAP-TLS)?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

SDK 3.0 does not yet support Enterprise security

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a "new" release date for SDK 3.0?

Anonymous
Not applicable

SDK 3.0 has been released to selected customers due to limited availability of the newly supported hardware platforms. Unless you are particularly interested in support for the 4390 or the 43341, SDK 3.0 would be of minimal benefit to you.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you mean SDK2.4.x is better for BCM43362 platform?

Is SDK2.4.2 planned for BCM43362 platform?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Customers who already have designs in progress using SDK 2.4.x should continue doing so as SDK 3.0.x will not offer any particular benefits at this moment.

There is provision to release further 2.4.x bug fix releases as required.

We will continue support for the 2.4.x SDK however we are doing all further feature development on the 3.0.x SDK.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you confirm if the SDK 3.0 includes cooee? It's one of things we are expecting in the new release.

Anonymous
Not applicable

So the answer to my question ("Is there a "new" release date for SDK 3.0?") is then no, no release date set?

Is Wiced SDK 3.0 and Wiced Audio SDK (as refered to in press release New Broadcom WICED SDK Supports High-definition Audio Streaming over Wi-Fi | Broadcom) the same thing? If not, is there a release date for "Wiced Audio SDK"

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

No. WICED-SDK 3.0.0 has already been release to selected customers. It includes support for:

- BCM43362 as supported in WICED-SDK 2.4.x

- BCM43341 dual-band 11n WLAN + Bluetooth 4.0 combo

- BCM4390 11 WLAN + Apps Core SoC

- WICED Audio (Apple Airplay for MFi licencees and Bluetooth Audio)

Unless targeting for 43341, 4390, or Audio, we suggest customers use WICED-SDK 2.4.1 as this is will be supported for awhile in parallel with WICED-SDK 3.0.0. Customers may put up a request to be granted access to WICED-SDK 3.0.0

0 Likes

Please message me if you would like access to SDK3.0.0 and the qualifying information as to why.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where can we buy the WICED Audio development board for Apple Airplay, DLNA and Bluetooth Audio.

We have a MFI account but I can't find the board on the mfi.avnet.com webstore.

Thanks

0 Likes

I will keep you posted on the availability. 

0 Likes