Energy measurement tool BCM20736S and BCM20737S

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

in this document: BCM20736S Sleep Example Firmware  is a tool to measure the power consumemation. How can i get this tool? It is available in the SDK? How it works? I want to optimize my code for the BCM20736S.

kind regards,

martin

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I am reluctantly providing some information on this matter as the eval board is not from Cypress/Broadcom.  To do these energy/power measurements there is a MCU eval board that is available that provides energy measurement capability and a GUI that provides the ability to graph this over time.  I simply use this eval board to power my external system and because the circuitry that is on the eval board measures the power drawn on the VDD line supplying the MCU I am able to put the MCU that is on the eval board into a 20nA mode(net zero effect) and thus any power consumption is effectively the power consumption of what I am powering.

Regards,

Frank

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Adding Frank/embeddedmasters​ at our design partner Embedded Masters​ as I believe his team created the tool referenced in the post.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I am reluctantly providing some information on this matter as the eval board is not from Cypress/Broadcom.  To do these energy/power measurements there is a MCU eval board that is available that provides energy measurement capability and a GUI that provides the ability to graph this over time.  I simply use this eval board to power my external system and because the circuitry that is on the eval board measures the power drawn on the VDD line supplying the MCU I am able to put the MCU that is on the eval board into a 20nA mode(net zero effect) and thus any power consumption is effectively the power consumption of what I am powering.

Regards,

Frank