BCM20707 Max RF Input

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am looking at the datasheet for BCM20707 Bluetooth chip. Does anyone know the absolute maximum RF input (dBm) the chip can handle before permanently damaging the chip?

0 Likes
1 Solution

user_473143488

Eventually the datasheet will get updated for the official 'info', but you are about to receive word from Carl that:  "Recommendation from engineering team is at least 20dB antenna isolation and to keep the maximum input power below -5dBm for CW signals and below -10dBm for high peak to average ratio signals such as WiFi OFDM."  There may be more correspondence forthcoming and I'll continue to update the forum posting as necessary because someday somebody may have the same question...

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ShawnA_01
Employee
Employee
10 questions asked 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

Hi Leona. The BCM20707 is not supported here on the Community Forum as it's not (yet) a Mass Market device.  The people working on your SalesForce Case (317208) are the correct people to help you.  Asking the same question in 2 places won't help. milmgrgachf@cypress.comalme

Anonymous
Not applicable

Understood.

0 Likes

We understand the frustration of not getting requested information in a timely manner and cannot blame you for trying all avenues available.We do the same thing sometimes! 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't say I didn't tried. Thank you for your prompt response.

0 Likes

user_473143488

Eventually the datasheet will get updated for the official 'info', but you are about to receive word from Carl that:  "Recommendation from engineering team is at least 20dB antenna isolation and to keep the maximum input power below -5dBm for CW signals and below -10dBm for high peak to average ratio signals such as WiFi OFDM."  There may be more correspondence forthcoming and I'll continue to update the forum posting as necessary because someday somebody may have the same question...