Eclipse IDE - how to move the project to a different folder

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I want to put the project on my local server and access it from two different computers. However, I could not find a way to do that without overwriting the files by the installer:

1. install on PC 1, with destination on local server   (works ok)

2. install the IDE on a second computer - now it asks me to overwrite the local server address.

Is there any way to either move teh project after install, or open a project from a disk location without the install?

thank you,

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello dudi9,

Sorry that I missed this question - We don't support this model.

However:

1. You could use a remote version control system where just the SDK is installed
  2. You could then do pulls/check out a working copy into each of your systems
  3. When you make changes you simply to the remote server via a git or SVN model

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello dudi9,

Sorry that I missed this question - We don't support this model.

However:

1. You could use a remote version control system where just the SDK is installed
  2. You could then do pulls/check out a working copy into each of your systems
  3. When you make changes you simply to the remote server via a git or SVN model

Hope this helps

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is another suggestion:

During the install it asks for 2 directories.  The first where the Eclipse is installed and the second is where the project is installed.  I guess if you have a mapped network drive you can install the project on the network share.  After the install you can copy Documents\WICED folder with all the contents to the share. 

In the Eclipse click on the File->Switch workspace, select Other and point to the new location of the .metadata directory.  For example if I have

C:\Users\...\Documents\WICED\WICED-Smart-SDK-1.1.0

You would create a network share F: and copy WICED there.  Then in the Eclipse specify F: \WICED\WICED-Smart-SDK-1.1.0

Hope this helps

JT

0 Likes