mybeacon download error

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GrahamS_21
Employee
Employee
25 replies posted 10 likes received 10 replies posted

I am trying to make, build and download the MyBeacon example application in version 2.2.3

I have a wiced sense kit 1 and 2.

i have commented out the rf stop line as i don't need it

// Configure P0 as active high input to pause advertisements.

// bleprofile_configureGpioForSkippingRf(GPIO_PIN_P0, GPIO_PIN_INPUT_HIGH);

what target do i need to set this to? i have tried the following make command - mybeacon-BCM920736 download

but i get this error

Download failed. This version of the SDK only supports download to BCM20736A1 and BCM20737A1 devices

i successfully downloaded the HRM project to the same kit using the same command (replaced mybeacon with heartrate)

what command should i be using?

i noticed that there was no platform.h for the base 20736 so i created one to match the tag_q32 but that didn't fix the download issue.

thanks

graham

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Either platform file should be fine. The syntax within you make target defines which of the two platform files are accessed.

It's a generic error which occurs whenever the HCI UART (the UART on the device designed to be a programming interface only) is in application mode. You will want to open the case and press the reset button (WICED Sense 1) or simply press the reset button on WICED Sense 2 (external reset was added to this device). Essentially, each time the device is programmed, it then goes into an application mode and the HCI UART is non-responsive to additional programming until it is put back into programming mode.  There are dozens of threads here on the forum that reference this as it is a common area of frustration.

The boot sequence is described here and in a few other threads: BCM2073XS Boot Sequence: Can't download to board (device not found)  and here is another How to boot up sequence?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Either platform file should be fine. The syntax within you make target defines which of the two platform files are accessed.

It's a generic error which occurs whenever the HCI UART (the UART on the device designed to be a programming interface only) is in application mode. You will want to open the case and press the reset button (WICED Sense 1) or simply press the reset button on WICED Sense 2 (external reset was added to this device). Essentially, each time the device is programmed, it then goes into an application mode and the HCI UART is non-responsive to additional programming until it is put back into programming mode.  There are dozens of threads here on the forum that reference this as it is a common area of frustration.

The boot sequence is described here and in a few other threads: BCM2073XS Boot Sequence: Can't download to board (device not found)  and here is another How to boot up sequence?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is my understanding that the WICED Sense kit has BCM20737. Shouldn't your make command be the same ?
You can find more information regarding WICED SENSE here,

WICED Sense Table of Contents

0 Likes