"New" 43362 firmware in WICED-SDK-4.0.0 has same version number

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PeHa_1711671
Level 2
Level 2
First like received

The CHANGELOG.txt in WICED-SDK-4.0.0.7z lists, as a change in WICED-SDK 4.0:

"New WLAN firmware 5.90.230.15 for 43362"

We are already using 5.90.230.15, because that was the version released in WICED-3.7.0-3, as is visible from "strings 43362A2.bin | grep 230". However, the 43362A2.bin inside WICED-4.0.0 is indeed different (according to shasum). Have Cypress released two different firmwares with the same version number?

Peter

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

As I understand from the GIT log, the firmware version is the same. It is just that the firmware in 4.0 was rebuilt on the CY infra whereas the old one (3.7.0-3) was built on BRCM infra

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

I honestly thought that the firmware in SDK 3.7.0-3 was a rev behind WICED Studio 4.0, and that the new SDK 3.7.0-7 will bring the the 2 SDKs into parity with one another. SDK 4.0.1 would then be a step ahead of SDK 3.7.0-7

I am asking around internally to confirm.  I will let you know if I figure this out.

0 Likes

I'm afraid you don't get the point, it is nothing to do with which SDK release first.

The point is now there are 2 *different*  43362A2.bin (shasum is different) with the same version.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

As I understand from the GIT log, the firmware version is the same. It is just that the firmware in 4.0 was rebuilt on the CY infra whereas the old one (3.7.0-3) was built on BRCM infra

0 Likes

rash wrote:

FYI, something wrong in CY infra because all the source code files have executable bit set in Linux.

0 Likes
PeHa_1711671
Level 2
Level 2
First like received

OK, looking into this a bit more closely, the *only* actual difference between the "two" firmware files is the build timestamp string -- plus the final four bytes, which I expect are some kind of checksum. So all the actual firmware code is identical.

Peter

0 Likes