Question regarding Taiwan entry for a product using the BCM20732S.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Taiwan NCC modular certificate for the BCM20732S.  We've placed the module it into a host.  If it's anything like FCC, all we'd have to do is spurious emissions, and display the ID on the product.  A test lab has informed us we need to go through full radio certification again in the host to get our own ID number.  Somehow I don't think this is correct.  Does anyone have an experience with this?  Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

doreilly

I confirmed that there is no any impact on the label for NCC and that the update report is enough.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
12 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

I believe benson_chuang​ has some experience in this area.

My understanding is that the NCC process is similar to FCC and that the BCM2073XS NCC certificate is a limited modular approval as well.

You will need to address the end product compliance/cert for the NCC.

I've attached the certification we used to provide as Broadcom. These are in the process of being converted over to Cypress.

frank

I think Benson has left. Frank Chang should be able to assist on this.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you mwf_mmfae for your feedback, it was very helpful.

So my next question:

1) Since it's a limited modular approval, does the NCC allow Class 1 or Class 2 permissive changes like the FCC?

2) Would we need testing similar to a Class 1 or Class 2 permissive change, or do we need to completely retest?

Thanks,

David

0 Likes

Unfortunately, I do not know the answers to these questions.  I can ask around to see if anyone else has experience in this area.

LSR also offers Regulatory Services that can help in this area as well.

colin.halladay​ is the point of contact within LSR.

0 Likes

According to Sporton (who Broadcom used for NCC), related to NCC limited module approval, NCC does not have a Class 1 or Class 2 change process.  It seems that only one test is required, which is just check of unwanted emissions.  So you can leverage the same report, similar to FCC and a C1PC.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi mwf_fae,

Thank you for this information. It’s been very helpful. I’m just wondering now if we need to place the NCC ID number on the product like we do for the FCC.

Best regards,

David

0 Likes

doreilly

I confirmed that there is no any impact on the label for NCC and that the update report is enough.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great, thanks!  -David

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I will pass my email for you, thanks.

frank

Would you be open to sharing some of your experience with NCC here in the thread as it could help others in the future?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

David,

Nice to meet you.  I sometimes help Michael with questions like this.  It looks like he did a great job answering, I will just follow up with my contact information if I can ever be of help.  If you do not have a lab that you plan to work with, we can setup a call to discuss our process here at LSR/Laird and see if it will fit well with your project.  Please let me know if you would like to proceed.

Colin Halladay | Strategic Business Development Manager - EMC Services, Connectivity Solutions

W66 N220 Commerce Ct. | Cedarburg, WI 53012

Direct: 262.421.9391 | Cell: 262.719.3265 | Colin.Halladay@LairdTech.com

1. www.lsr.com | www.lairdtech.com | Twitter | LinkedIn
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Colin,

Thank you for your reply on this. The information has been very helpful.

Best regards,

David

0 Likes