How to program the EEPROM on the SIP module?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am using the SIP module, and able to work with it fully using the SDK.

I am using 2 serial ports on board - 1 is connected to the HCI UART and the other to the PUART (default pins). 

both are working correctly.

However,  I am not able to program the EEPROM to run my own application ("hello sensor" for example).

I tried the uart-firmware_upgrade app as well as the OTP one, but it seems that something is missing: the wsUartFu.exe always quits without being able to detect the target.

What is the procedure to program the EEPROM?

Any special consideration in SIP module rather than the WICED SMART tag?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello dudi9

We are working on a document to decribe this procedure.

In the mean time, feel free to review the post: Re: BCM20732S refuses to program for the steps to program the SPIL Module.

We should have this document within the next few days

JT

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello dudi9

We are working on a document to decribe this procedure.

In the mean time, feel free to review the post: Re: BCM20732S refuses to program for the steps to program the SPIL Module.

We should have this document within the next few days

JT

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks JT.

pardon my impatience...

This is done via the main HCI UART, NOT the PUART correct?

Thanks,

D

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Correct.

JT

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

From our team member:

In addition:

The Serial Wire Debug (SWD) debug/trace messages can also be output through the HCI UART port that’s onboard.

The SWD pins are muxed with HCI UART and are used in such a manner that the hardware and firmware can auto-detect the presence of SWD orthe HCI host; this means that HCI based download (programming) and SWD
(debugging) are mutually exclusive of one another.

JT

0 Likes

Please take a look at the email I sent you at the address you used to register on the forum.

This is unrelated to your question above, but related to your account status.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any word on that document on how to program via the HCI UART? I want to be able to upgrade the firmware through my main MCU which is hooked up to both the HCI and Peripheral UARTs.

0 Likes