Issue compiling example code in WICED SMART

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I connected WICED SMART and attempted to run example code provided but I keep getting the following error (shown at the end of the log below). Please advice.

21:13:06 **** Build of configuration blood_pressure_monitor-BCM920732TAG_Q32 for project WICED-Smart-SDK ****

"C:\\Users\\Carlos\\Documents\\WICED\\WICED-Smart-SDK-1.1.0\\WICED-Smart-SDK\\make.exe" RAM.temperature_sensor-BCM920732TAG_Q32 download UART=COM7

Compiling spar_setup.c

Compiling spar_init.c

Compiling temperature_sensor.c

No app specific patches. Getting generic patches...

Linking target ELF

OK, made elf.

..\..\Tools\ARM_GNU\bin\Win32\arm-none-eabi-objdump: section '.data' mentioned in a -j option, but not found in any input file

Writing Hex image

OK, made C:/Users/Carlos/Documents/WICED/WICED-Smart-SDK-1.1.0/WICED-Smart-SDK/Wiced-Smart/spar/../../build/temperature_sensor-BCM920732TAG_Q32-rom-ram-Wiced-release/A_20732A0-temperature_sensor-rom-ram-spar.full.hex.

Call to temperature_sensor_spar_crt_setup @ 00209141

OK, made C:/Users/Carlos/Documents/WICED/WICED-Smart-SDK-1.1.0/WICED-Smart-SDK/Wiced-Smart/spar/../../build/temperature_sensor-BCM920732TAG_Q32-rom-ram-Wiced-release/A_20732A0-temperature_sensor-rom-ram-spar.cgs. MD5 sum is:

085d3e6a0e96764764d9b2053d7a64ba *../../build/temperature_sensor-BCM920732TAG_Q32-rom-ram-Wiced-release/A_20732A0-temperature_sensor-rom-ram-spar.cgs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Patches start at                  0x00205918 (RAM address)

Patches end at                    0x00208B1C (RAM address)

Application starts at             0x00208A08 (RAM address)

Application ends at               0x00209140 (RAM address)

Patch size (including reused RAM)      12804 bytes

Patch size                             12528 bytes

Application size                        1848 bytes

------

Total RAM footprint                    14376 bytes (14.0kiB)

Converting CGS to HEX...

Conversion complete

Creating OTA images...

Conversion complete

The system cannot find the file specified.

Downloading application...

**** Download failed - Press the reset button on the device and retry ****

21:13:08 Build Finished (took 2s.785ms)

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. The solution was that I need to reset after every application download otherwise this error occurs.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
asridharan
Employee
Employee
10 comments on KBA 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

Could you please clean your build and then in your application's make target, set JOBS=1 VERBOSE=1 and run the build again. When you get this error, please copy paste the build log to this post.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. The solution was that I need to reset after every application download otherwise this error occurs.

0 Likes