Viewing Traces from WICED Smart Tag

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm trying to follow the steps from pages 13-14 of the quick start guide.

I don't have access to hyperterm (which has been extinct since windows vista), I've tried tera term (as suggested in the guide), and also MTTY (windows) and screen (on OSX).

In all cases the trace statements print junk like this:

HX dcXÊBH  Xä „

BÑBѨ B £RH c  Bˇ "ÑP o;Ä_ZrÙ ZB à¬∆    

JV»Hæ⁄HJ¶HJ⁄Hä⁄HJ⁄HJ⁄HJ⁄HJ⁄Hº⁄HJ¢H∫JHJJHJ¢HJZHJJHJJHJZ∏J∫HºJHJJHJJHJHJZ⁄P                                                                   5zX                                                                                                                                                                                               roZ                                                                                                                                                                                               ¬Û÷                                                                                                                                                                                               ˇHJZ»“ :RV                                                                                                                                                                                      ˇHJ∏J™HΩZHJöHΩJHJJRX⁄PZÛP JHrıH∫JHJ™H∫Z⁄P                                                                                                                                                                                                        

I've checked bleapp_trace_enable, SW4 switches, etc. - Does anyone have an idea what could be wrong?

Are there any plans to support the SWD interface and proper debugging in a future version of the SDK & IDE?

Regards

Tim Redfern

0 Likes
1 Solution
GregG_16
Employee
Employee
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 25 comments on KBA

Did you change the serial port settings 115200 N 8 1?  They usually default to 9600 N 8  1.  If you are getting "garbage" on the screen. That's usually what it is. 

I use PuTTY on Windows and CoolTerm on the Mac with no issues. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
GregG_16
Employee
Employee
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 25 comments on KBA

Did you change the serial port settings 115200 N 8 1?  They usually default to 9600 N 8  1.  If you are getting "garbage" on the screen. That's usually what it is. 

I use PuTTY on Windows and CoolTerm on the Mac with no issues. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah yes, thanks, I had omitted to set the speed- I was "speed reading" the guide