I2S configuration in BCM4343/STM32F4 platforms

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello together,

I want to use the BCM4343 together with the STM32F411 and developing with WICED. So I have no practical experience with WICED SDK.

While looking into the platform details in the WICED SDK, I mentioned that I2S always specified for BCM4390x platforms. I'm not sure how to include I2S configuration in my platform description.

Can I also use bare register configuration or the default stm peripheral library to implement hardware configuration?

Best regards,

Lennart

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Lennart,

We do have audio support on the WICED SDK roadmap but this will be focused on the 43907 platform (as you've spotted in the current SDK).  There are no plans currently to provide audio support on the 4343W chips.

Regards
Dave

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Lennart,

We do have audio support on the WICED SDK roadmap but this will be focused on the 43907 platform (as you've spotted in the current SDK).  There are no plans currently to provide audio support on the 4343W chips.

Regards
Dave

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Dave,

the WICED SDK support the STM32F4 I2S interface already. So I thought there are plans to support audio for the STM32F4? Only a implementation for the wiced audio interface using the provided STM32F4 I2S is missing.

Is there a plan to provide the wiced audio framework with the STM32F4 I2S interface for now?

Best regards,

Lennart

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lennart,

I agree that some parts of the implementation are there but not the complete solution to support audio robustly on an MCU.   As mentioned earlier, the audio support will be available on the 43907 family of devices only as this part has much higher performance than the STM32F4 series of MCU's

It may be possible for you to modify the 43907 solution when this is fully released but I cannot advise if this would work adequately for you.

Regards

Dave