Programming language(s) used for WICED

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tried to find an appropriate forum section, but nothing seemed appropriate! My question is, what do I have to program in to develop on the WICED platform?

1 Solution
ShawnA_01
Employee
Employee
10 questions asked 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

WICED development is done in C-Language. The IDE uses the Eclipse Editor.  The compiler is included during the installation.  Install the IDE. head straight for the Quick Start Guide that is in the ~Doc folder.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
ShawnA_01
Employee
Employee
10 questions asked 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

WICED development is done in C-Language. The IDE uses the Eclipse Editor.  The compiler is included during the installation.  Install the IDE. head straight for the Quick Start Guide that is in the ~Doc folder.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I download the eclipse IDE for c/c++ developers from the 'desktop IDEs' link on Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers | Packages​  There seem to be so many, I need clarification!

0 Likes

No. The WICED SDK are based on Eclipse, version 4.x

The best way to start developing is to dig into to the sample apps and start changing parameters.  However, with that said, the barrier to entry is still somewhat high and is best suited for users with a couple years of embedded development experience.

For a lower barrier to entry product based on WICED Devices, take a look at the Atmosphere product from Anaren​, or ZentriOS from Zentri (formerly ACKme Networks)​.  Inventek Systems​ also has an AT Command set based OS that less experienced users seem to favor as well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, but I still need Eclipse 4.x for the WICED SDK, but using the lower entry barrier products based on WICED devices?

0 Likes

Start with the WICED SDK "Installer" found here:   WICED SDK 3.7.0-3 IDE Installer

Then read, read, read, ... and read some more (forum posts).  Most everything you are asking for is usually already answered.  🙂

0 Likes

Anaren and others have a process by which one can transition the project build on their higher level SW can be imported into the WICED SDK.

You do not need to install Eclipse.  WICED is Eclipse. Just customized.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

MAC version?

0 Likes

The last MAC SDK we published is here: WICED Software Development Kit 3.1.2

Use the process here to upgrade to the latest version: How to import a WICED SDK into an existing WICED Eclipse IDE (2)

0 Likes