I2C header in TAG4 (J9)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi WICED team,

I am trying to connect external sensors to the TAG4, and the same code that is working fine on TAG 3 doesn't seem to initiate any I2C communication on J9 of my TAG4. I have switches 2 and 4 on SW8 set to OFF, are there some other switches I need to set?

Thanks,

Filipp

0 Likes
1 Solution

In addition to pulling P8 high, you'll also need pull P2 low. Sorry for the confusion on this--referenced an older schematic where this wasn't necessary.

Jacob

View solution in original post

5 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Have you seen this Help Article that jakewtorres​ put together: Leveraging TAG4 to better understand the WICED Smart Programming Environment

If you scroll down, there is a section on interfacing over I2C with sensors.

0 Likes
JacobT_81
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hi filipps​,

Please pull P8 high in the firmware in order to bring out i2c onto the pins.

The headers on the board are cut off from the MCU by the i2c expander. P8 is an output enable pin for this i2c expander.

Jacob

Anonymous
Not applicable

I assume you mean GPIO P8/P33...I am setting that high, but still no I2C communication on J9. Anything else I could be missing?

0 Likes

In addition to pulling P8 high, you'll also need pull P2 low. Sorry for the confusion on this--referenced an older schematic where this wasn't necessary.

Jacob

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Jacob!

0 Likes