BCM4343W bluetooth audio PCM driver

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

We are using BCM4343w in our custom board. Below are question regarding bluetooth pcm audio

1) Is there any bcm4343w bluetooth audio pcm driver is available or I can use the generic bt-sco driver. I'm using linux kernel 4.1

2) And also, on the host interface, we don't have option to generate exact bit clock for bluetooth codec. So we need to configure the bcm4343w codec into master mode. Whether this can be done by HCI commands, if so please provide me the steps to configure bcm4343w codec as master.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please check this out. Note that these libraries are only for iMX.

BSA Sample Client Applications for i.MX6

If you need this for another platform, please send us instructions on how to setup the SDK(to be able to compile user space applications, kernel and drivers).

We may also need you to ship us a platform, using which we can test this before providing the libraries.

Thanks,

Venkat

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Adding the Linux AE team: seyhanvsb

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please check this out. Note that these libraries are only for iMX.

BSA Sample Client Applications for i.MX6

If you need this for another platform, please send us instructions on how to setup the SDK(to be able to compile user space applications, kernel and drivers).

We may also need you to ship us a platform, using which we can test this before providing the libraries.

Thanks,

Venkat

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not sure whether BSA  can work with brcmfmac. We support this when it is coupled with bcmdhd.

You could go the open source approach and use BlueZ, but our team at Cypress doesn't support BlueZ.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not finding any BSA dependencies with bcmdhd driver. Can you please confirm on this. And also will it support playing audio from multiple clients at same time.  

0 Likes

Hi vens,

Do you also provide the header files needed to develop with the BSA shared libs?

Thanks,

Pieter

0 Likes

I will speak with the internal Linux team to see if this is possible.

chlnkecartelkgrga

0 Likes
vibac_2771176
Level 2
Level 2
First like received First like given

Hi manoj_1578136

Have you configured your BCM4343 as master. I think it will be in master mode by default. I do have a BT module which was in master mode by default and i have successfully done the HFP with that module, with SCO routing is PCM not hci. As HCI SCO there was distortion With PCM its clear audio. I am using bluez stack. I thinks that what you are looking for you can refer the following link. I my case my host processor (linux) is pcm slave and bt module is pcm mater. I am using gstreamer to route the audio to the Bluetooth device...

Bluetooth A2DP and HFP Streaming

Regards,

Vimal Babu