BLE connection parameters

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RoDe_1773541
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

Hi,

I'm using SDK 3.7.0 with the Avenet BCM94343W module.  Does anyone know how to set the BLE connection parameters such as the slave latency and connection interval?

Thanks,

-Rob

0 Likes
1 Solution
JacobT_81
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

From the central side, the connection parameters will default to the values set in the wiced_bt_cfg.c file:

pastedImage_0.png

From the peripheral side, you'll need to send a connection parameter update request to the central and the central will handle it accordingly-- either accepting or denying the request. See the appropriate function in wiced_bt_l2c.h:

pastedImage_2.png

Jacob

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JacobT_81
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

From the central side, the connection parameters will default to the values set in the wiced_bt_cfg.c file:

pastedImage_0.png

From the peripheral side, you'll need to send a connection parameter update request to the central and the central will handle it accordingly-- either accepting or denying the request. See the appropriate function in wiced_bt_l2c.h:

pastedImage_2.png

Jacob

Hi Jake,

Do you know the time units of the intervals and timeout parameters?  I'm assuming the latency is a multiple of the connection interval.

-Rob

0 Likes

Yes, the units are defined in the spec. This is taken as a snip from my blog on the Bluetooth Forum which uses a different API:

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_0.png

See my blog here for more details (implementation will vary from the Wifi SDK): Connection Parameter Update Requests

Jacob