BCM43362/BCM4343W Antenna Auto Diversity

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
prpuc_2175051
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

Hi,

We are working on BCM43362 and BCM4343W based WiFi Murata modules with ARM Cortex M4 based platform. The WICED SDK version we are using is 3.5.2

In case of auto antenna diversity, i.e. when  WICED_ANTENNA_AUTO is passed to wwd_wifi_select_antenna(), the best antenna is automatically selected.

In case of auto diversity, how the decision of best antenna is done?

It will be very helpful if you could point to us to the document which will shade more light on auto antenna diversity.

Thanks & Regards,

Pratik.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Pratik,

The diversity scheme is a proprietary algorithm which is not described in a public document.    I can say that the scheme selects the "best" antenna to use based on a range of radio measurements and statistics which include parameters such as received signal strength, retries and packet errors but cannot share the exact scheme.

Regards

Dave

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Pratik,

The diversity scheme is a proprietary algorithm which is not described in a public document.    I can say that the scheme selects the "best" antenna to use based on a range of radio measurements and statistics which include parameters such as received signal strength, retries and packet errors but cannot share the exact scheme.

Regards

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply.

What is the default settings for antenna diversity. When I run the WICED SDK, I do not see any call to wwd_wifi_select_antenna() in the initialization flow.

Thanks & Regards,

Pratik.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Pratik,

The antenna control is handled by the radio firmware.   We do include commands for forcing which antenna is to be used, such as wwd_wifi_select_antenna(), but these are typically only used when there is only a single antenna on the design.  The second use case for forcing the antenna selection is for rf testing when you need to connect to a known rf port (or antenna port) for testing eg using console or mfg_test app.

In all other situations we advise leaving the diversity control as auto.

Regards

Dave