wiced sense2 for Android

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

WICED Sense2 (BCM20737L) loaded WICED Sense 2 Firmware (https://community.cypress.com/docs/DOC-2757)

Why WICED Sense Android Source (v1.08) (https://community.cypress.com/docs/DOC-1756) reading @is error

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

I solve the problem, thank you

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

I don't believe that the WICED Sense apps were ever upgraded/tested against WICED Sense 2.

boont​ - Do you know?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

So WICED SENSE apps can not read the wiced sense2?

0 Likes

In theory, they should work.  Just not sure they were ever retested/certified with the new design.

0 Likes

Here's the firmware for WICED Sense 2: WICED Sense 2 Firmware

jakewtorres​ is going to check this out next week.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why read to the maximum acceleration value to 327

0 Likes

It should be able to connect. What is your Android OS version?

What is the error that you see on your Android wiced sense app?

Can you use the app Smart Explorer (available for download in Play Store) to perform a scan? Or LightBlue (available for download in App Store, iOS) to perform a scan?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I solve the problem, thank you

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see the same problem of maximum value being 327 or -327. How did you solve this @g10306015 ?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I figured out the problem. The Sense 2 firmware has some bugs in the code. Quick hints:

• The location where division by 100 is performed has invalid bracket placement
  • A `uint32_t` type is being used to transfer a signed 32 bit value.

I also found bugs in Sense 1 firmware, in how control registers are written! Too tired to write it all down and I am not sure Cypress is interested anymore in these devices. If anyone is interested PM me.