Sending information to WICED SENSE device through android phone

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I'm trying to send information to the WICED SENSE device using an android phone. I have observed a "write" option in the SMART explorer in one of characteristics. I looking for similar something similar to implement in the app which I am working on. For example, the device should send the readings acquired through the sensors only when a particular  "key" is sent from the app. Any kind of help is appreciated.

0 Likes
2 Replies
JaeyoungY_71
Employee
Employee
First comment on KBA 25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored

Hello Adarsh,

Are you using the WICED Sense device as is without reprogramming it? If you haven't tried our Android Sense app out yet, you can search for it in Google play with "WICED Sense." Take a look at the WICED Sense Android App source code below.

WICED Sense Android Source (v1.08)

We also have a tutorial going through the Sense Android code. Hope this helps.

Video Link : 1224

Thanks,

Jaeyoung

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello jaeyoung

I am using the Android sense app and I have reprogrammed the WICED SENSE device to retrieve only the temperature reading. Now, I want to reprogram the Android sense app (installed in the phone) to send a notification to the WICED SENSE device and then get the temperature reading. Is there any way of achieving this feature? To be precise, I want to write to the WICED SENSE device's GATT database.

Regards,

Adarsh

0 Likes