BCM20737 Infrared Receiver

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

The latest datasheet (updated May 2014) for the BCM20737 claims that the system can detect between 10 kHz and 500 kHz, detect the duration that the signal is present or absent, and perform "further analysis and compression of the learned signal." It also claims that the learned signal can be played back via the IR TX subsystem. 

However, in the SDK 2.2.2 docs, there is nothing concerning the IR RX subsystem. Are the claims in the datasheet hypothetical? Or where can I find documentation on the IR receiver functionality?

I realize that similar questions have been posted in the past but it has been almost 8 months since the last post and there have been no updates.

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

To follow on to what boont​ mentioned, while the HW supports IR RX functionality, we not have the SW/drivers available for IR Rx.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

I am not aware that we support any IR receiver driver at this moment in time.

0 Likes
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

To follow on to what boont​ mentioned, while the HW supports IR RX functionality, we not have the SW/drivers available for IR Rx.

0 Likes