Are there any examples of low-power mode usage for bcm43362 ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm looking for examples of low-power / system-off (power off) modes using the bcm43362a and haven't been able to find any in WICED SDK 3.3.1. I'm using the MXCHIP EMW3165 (STM32F4 + BCM43362) for testing power consumption. Switching to power-off state in the host MCU after wiced_deinit() doesn't seem to help much.

Thanks

0 Likes
7 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I'll try DTIM intervals and get some measurements. I was looking for a complete system-off / power-off with or without ram retention that will allow battery powered applications to further reduce power consumption.

Would wiced_deinit followed by initiating stop mode or deep power down mode on the host mcu work ?

Thanks

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The lowest I get to on the MXCHIP EMW3165 module with DTIM3 is around 25mA with active listen. This might be due to other losses including external LDO etc.

Is there a way to power off the BCM43362 and an example to put the host STM32F4CE11 in system off mode through the WICED API ?

Using RTC or an external interrupt to wake the module up would be good enough for battery powered applications I'm looking at.

Thanks

0 Likes

Maybe someone on the apps team can respond.

You can also try the Developer Forums that were setup for this device here as they seem pretty active: EMW3165 Dev Forum - Index page

0 Likes

Note that MXCHIP is officially a partner now.

My understanding is that they will be providing their own software package based on WICED.

nsankar

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Any time estimates or pointers to MXCHIP forums regarding their support for WICED ?

Thanks

0 Likes