Where can I obtain 3.0.1?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I need a copy of 3.0.1

Where can I obtain 3.0.1?

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

I sent you an invitation to a private group that contains that version of the SDK only. Click the link in the email and you should be all set.

Since it was only released to a select group of partners/individuals, there is no support for the release available through the community other than that available to the group which it was to released to originally.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

I sent you an invitation to a private group that contains that version of the SDK only. Click the link in the email and you should be all set.

Since it was only released to a select group of partners/individuals, there is no support for the release available through the community other than that available to the group which it was to released to originally.

mwf_mmfae wrote:

Hi mwf_mmfae​,

I just want to point out the support actually is bi-directional.

If you don't want to get user's feedback about the pre-release SDK,

you lost the chance to improve the SDK for bug fixes before official release.

Axel

0 Likes

I believe you misunderstood the intent of my message axel.lin

I am not discouraging feedback on production/public, or even pre-release versions of the SDK should one be selected as a reviewer of one of these early releases.

I believe 3.0.1 was a transitional update from SDK 2.4.x which provided to a few module partners/customers patches for certain functionality ultimately released version 3.1.x.

0 Likes

mwf_mmfae wrote:

I believe you misunderstood the intent of my message axel.lin

I am not discouraging feedback on production/public, or even pre-release versions of the SDK should one be selected as a reviewer of one of these early releases.

Ah..

You are right, I misunderstood your reply in this thread. Sorry about that.

Axel

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Gentlemen!

Obtaining 3.0.1 was highly instrumental in making progress on the port to 3.5.2 as the module vendor had supplied an adjusted version of 3.0.1 that had many changes that were oriented towards support of that specific module. Most of these changes can be factored into the "~/WICED/platform" or app code and do not need to be within WICED common and some can be eliminated in favor of the SFLASH structure provided in 3.5.2.

I've also encountered some defects in 3.5.2 that make me wonder if there are some patches available? (See pad_dct.pl creating huge files for one issue).

Finally, I'd like to provide some detailed feedback that may help the 3.6.x releases. What is the best mechanism of doing that?

Thanks!

0 Likes