Evaluation kit for Atmel Sam4 Serie

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

We would like to use wiced-wifi for a new product using an Atmel Sam4E MCU. Which evaluation kit would you recommend ?

We are interested in using Murata's SN8000 but its evaluation kit has a very long shipping delay (15weeks for Mouser).

Also, we intend to implement Bluetooth BLE in the same design. Is there a single chip Wifi + Bluetooth solution supported by WICE ?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

The evaluation board your interest is BCM43362WCD8 from Broadcom which has BCM943362 + Atmel SAM4S16B microcontroller.

For Wi-Fi-to-Bluetooth SmartBridge development and evaluation, we suggest you get BCM9WCD1BRIDGE board (43362 WLAN + 20702 BT) .

Unfortunately we do not have any eval board which has both SAM4S and Bluetooth chip on it, therefore, you need port the code yourself. We can provide you with some pointers.

Another option is to go with BCM43341 Wi-Fi/Bluetooth combo chip which is supported in WICED-SDK 3.0.0.

Let me know if any of these options work for you.

Regards,

Aji

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

The evaluation board your interest is BCM43362WCD8 from Broadcom which has BCM943362 + Atmel SAM4S16B microcontroller.

For Wi-Fi-to-Bluetooth SmartBridge development and evaluation, we suggest you get BCM9WCD1BRIDGE board (43362 WLAN + 20702 BT) .

Unfortunately we do not have any eval board which has both SAM4S and Bluetooth chip on it, therefore, you need port the code yourself. We can provide you with some pointers.

Another option is to go with BCM43341 Wi-Fi/Bluetooth combo chip which is supported in WICED-SDK 3.0.0.

Let me know if any of these options work for you.

Regards,

Aji

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, thank you for your answer !

Is there is a CE/FCC certified module based on the BCM20702 chip? How can we find more about information about this product?

(Same question for the BCM43341 you mentioned)

Finally, can we use WICED-SDK with any dual mode bluetooth chip or is there restrictions?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Let me find out about the FCC certified module question and get back to you.

With regards to the BCM43341, Currently, the software aka. WICED SmartBridge for BCM43341 only works with BLE devices. Dual-stack support is in the roadmap, but I can't share the timeframe just yet.

Aji

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

ACKme Networks provides an FCC certified WICED module based on SAM4S.

Information is available here: AMW004 WICED Module

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding to jasonrc's comments:

This is the link to the eval and development tools for the AMW004 module:

http://ack.me/products/Wi_Fi_Development_Tools

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

USI has 20702 module: http://www.usish.com/english/products_wm_65.php

Please get the details directly from them. Their contacts are at the bottom of the page provided above.

0 Likes