Cannot re-write F/W after describe ble_trace in APPLICATION_INIT

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I modified the APPLICATION_INIT as follows, in my own project.

However, after writing a program, there is no response from the module.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to re-write of the program to the module.

APPLICATION_INIT()

{

ble_trace0("Hello");

bleapp_set_cfg((UINT8 *)gatt_database,

gatt_database_len,

(void *)&exampleproject_cfg,

(void *)&exampleproject_puart_cfg,

(void *)&exampleproject_gpio_cfg,

exampleproject_create);

}

I understand what I wrong. (Peripheral are not configured here yet.)

Is there a way to return from the state can not be re-write to the module?

Best regards,

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Daifujimoto,

The recovery process is relatively straightforward.  You simply need to short SDA to Ground and press RESET while Grounding SDA.  The chip will go through a RESET process in which it can't load the program that has been already programmed into the internal EEPROM.  Since it can't perform this task it will enter a default bootloader/programming mode which will allow you to re-program the device.  After you have performed the RESET while holding SDA low release the RESET line and attempt to program as you would normally.  In my experience you sometimes have to do this a couple of times.  You can also add the RECOVERY flag on the Make target symbol but it is not entirely necessary.

Regards,

Frank

View solution in original post

5 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Are you asking if there is a way to recover the TAG board you are using for development?  If so, take a look at the recovery section of the WICED Smart Quick Start Guide (SDK 2.x and TAG4 Board)

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

mwf_mmfae, Thank you for your reply. I'm using a custom BCM20737S board. I'll try to read this document from now.

0 Likes

There's a good thread here which explains the boot process (look at several of my posts): firmware programming through FTDI VCOM 22 to BCM20736S

This information is helpful when debugging a custom board.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Daifujimoto,

The recovery process is relatively straightforward.  You simply need to short SDA to Ground and press RESET while Grounding SDA.  The chip will go through a RESET process in which it can't load the program that has been already programmed into the internal EEPROM.  Since it can't perform this task it will enter a default bootloader/programming mode which will allow you to re-program the device.  After you have performed the RESET while holding SDA low release the RESET line and attempt to program as you would normally.  In my experience you sometimes have to do this a couple of times.  You can also add the RECOVERY flag on the Make target symbol but it is not entirely necessary.

Regards,

Frank

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear mwf_mmfae and embeddedmasters,

Thank you for these infomation. The problem for me has been resolved.

This problem had been appropriate the embeddedmaster's answer, and the Jacob's response of the linked (https://community.broadcom.com/message/22522#22522).

Thanks a lot.