KitProg CY8CKIT-043 - Mass production FW programming

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ViOl_2643281
Level 1
Level 1
First like given Welcome!

Hi,

I just wanna make sure that the Kitprog CY8CKIT-043 supports the programming and debugging of the CY8C4126AXI-M443 part.

Could someone confirm this for me?

Best regards,

Vinicius 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi ViOl_2643281​,

Please note that the KitProg programmer is not recommended for production programming. We suggest customers who need production programming support to consult our 3rd party programming vendors on our General Programming page or through our distribution partners: https://www.cypress.com/go/distributors

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi ViOl_2643281​,

Please note that the KitProg programmer is not recommended for production programming. We suggest customers who need production programming support to consult our 3rd party programming vendors on our General Programming page or through our distribution partners: https://www.cypress.com/go/distributors

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

Hi RakshithM_16​,

Thanks for your reply.

I'll try to be more specific.

As far as I know the only way to program the PSoC 4-M series, more specific CY8C4126AXI-M443, is throught the SWD protocol/pins (data and clock).

To to that, I need to access the Pin 13 (P3.2 SWDIO), Pin 14 (P3.3 - SWDCLK) and reset pin. Of course it also must be powered.

I'm trying to discover a way to program the MCU mentioned.

So, I'll will have a PC core with the PSoC programmer installed, connect a hardware (Kitprog for exmaple) through the USB port and connect my board with the PSoC 4 through the SWD pins (by a custom cable, for example) to the programmer board.

If there isn't a board already developed to do that, I'm supposing that I need to create one, but I'll need the firmware to communicate to the PSoC programmer as well as send the firmware package to my board.

Question:

Is SWD communication block the only way to program the PSoC4?

Thanks,

Vinicius

0 Likes

Hi Vinicius,

Is SWD communication block the only way to program the PSoC4?

Yes, PSoC 4 supports only SWD.

You can use the MiniProg4 device to program PSoC 4. But, as mentioned before, for production programming please use a third-party programmer.

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

Hi RakshithM_16​,

Thank you for your reply.

I'll check the partners to have a third-party programmer.

Best regards,

Vinicius

0 Likes