Building CE216767 with PSoC Creator 4.3 and PDL 3.1.3 using MDK 5.31

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
BR_4110771
Level 1
Level 1
Welcome! First question asked First reply posted

As the question states, I tried to build CE216767 as is and it has failed.

pastedImage_0.png

Thanks.

4 Replies
RavikiranH_01
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

Hi BR,

I am pointing to few issues, that you need to correct to make it work out of the box.  Below CE document has the details and step by step build procedure. Please use the same assets that are mentioned in the document. https://www.cypress.com/file/398166/download

1. CE is tested with PSOC Creator 4.2 and PDL 3.1.0. Please can you switch to that as stated in the CE document ?
    Though it is possible to use the latest PDL and creator, it will require additional effort (trivial though) to make it work.

pastedImage_3.png

2. Probably, there is missed step during the build. Looks like project includes a uart transport header instead of ble. IT typically happens when you Click Replace the customized files instead of clicking Cancel. Please find the note in Build the Projects section of CE document.

pastedImage_4.png

Please let me know, if that works.

Thanks

0 Likes

Hi BR,

Hope you were able to run the code example as documented.

Thanks

0 Likes

If I'm using updated PSoC Creator and PDL with the provided CE even can't be compiled. What is the correct way of fixing this issue: downgrade the software to the required by CE or fix CE to make it working with the updated versions? Hope you were able to make the right choice.

Thanks.

0 Likes
RavikiranH_01
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

Hi BR,

1. Were you able to run the code example as is with default tool chains and assets mentioned in the CE user guide  ?
  2. Please can you confirm the step mentioned in Operation sections (point-2 in my previous reply) is followed correctly ?

w.r.t. latest assets,

1. you will have to change line:11 in psot_build_core1.bat file as below to make it work with PDL3.1.3.
   @set PDL_PATH="C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\PDL\3.1.3".
2. Select PDL v3 installation location from PSoC Creator-->Tools-->options

That is the only changes required to make it build with the latest assets.

Please download the project a fresh, extract it to your work directory and follow the steps. 
Please let me know, if that helps.

Thanks

0 Likes