Select Debug Target - is there a way to set a default and avoid this dialog?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ErJa_4614451
Level 2
Level 2
5 replies posted 5 questions asked First like received

Hi,

I'm using PSoC Creator 4.3.   Is there a way to select a "default" debug target so that I do not have to select it every time I start a debug session?  I thought it used to support that but now I cannot seem to avoid going through that dialog every time, even though I always select the same target.

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Erja,

Like you, I have not found a way to have the CM4 be the default core to debug on a PSoC6 in Creator.

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Erja,

What PSoC are you using?

If I am using a PSoC4 or PSoC5, if defaults to the target CPU through the KitProg or MiniProg interface. (Single core)

Most PSoC6s happen to have two CPU cores.  (One is a CM0+ and the other an CM4.)  There I need to select which core to communicate with.  In this case, I wish that Creator would allow me to default to my preferred core (CM4) so that I don't need to select.

Do you have more than one PSoC connected to your PC at a time?

For example if I have two CY8CKIT-059 boards connected via the KitProg through USB to the PC, I have to select which kit board I want to program.   Annoying but understandable.

Len

Len
0 Likes

Hi Len,

Thanks very much for your reply.

I am using PSoC6, with the two cores (CM0 and CM4).  I am usually debugging the CM4 and wanted to know if there's a way to just set that as a default somewhere and not have to select it every time.  

Regards,

Eric

On Saturday, November 21, 2020, 07:32:44 PM EST, LePo_1062026 <community-manager@cypress.com> wrote:

|

Cypress Developer Community

|

Select Debug Target - is there a way to set a default and avoid this dialog?

reply from LePo_1062026 in PSoC Creator & Designer Software - View the full discussion

Erja,

What PSoC are you using?

If I am using a PSoC4 or PSoC5, if defaults to the target CPU through the KitProg or MiniProg interface. (Single core)

Most PSoC6s happen to have two CPU cores.  (One is a CM0+ and the other an CM4.)  There I need to select which core to communicate with.  In this case, I wish that Creator would allow me to default to my preferred core (CM4) so that I don't need to select.

Do you have more than one PSoC connected to your PC at a time?

If for example I have two CY8CKIT-059 boards connected via the KitProg through USB to the PC, I have to select which kit board I want to program.   Annoying but understandable.

Len

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Cypress Developer Community

Start a new discussion in PSoC Creator & Designer Software by email or at Cypress Developer Community

Following Select Debug Target - is there a way to set a default and avoid this dialog? in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by Cypress Developer Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Cypress Developer Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

0 Likes

Erja,

Like you, I have not found a way to have the CM4 be the default core to debug on a PSoC6 in Creator.

Len

Len
0 Likes

Hi Erja,

As Len mentioned, it is not possible to select CM4 as default core in the present versions of PSoC Creator. We will inform our software team to check the feasibility of this in the future versions of PSoC Creator.

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes