Trying to use port 10 as an input on CY8CKIT-046

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
enmo_4767426
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to use the port 10 as an input on the Pioneer Kit L. But for some reason I am not able to use them since something, or for some reason they are high every time. I believe the U10 (the level translator) has something to do. And I am wondering if removing this level translator would fix this? Why are these ports high (from 10.0 to 10.3) high when nothing is connected to the level translator?

Thank you!

Enrique

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello Enrique,

The level translator has an internal pull-up resistor as mentioned in the datasheet (Page 19) -

pastedImage_0.png

This might be the reason why a logic high is observed when the Port 10 pins are in high impedance state. But I was still able to use it as an input pin. When the pin is pulled down, logic 0 is detected.

Hope this helps,

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello Enrique,

The level translator has an internal pull-up resistor as mentioned in the datasheet (Page 19) -

pastedImage_0.png

This might be the reason why a logic high is observed when the Port 10 pins are in high impedance state. But I was still able to use it as an input pin. When the pin is pulled down, logic 0 is detected.

Hope this helps,

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes