FX3S can host WiLink™ 8 ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MaFa_974161
Level 5
Level 5
100 sign-ins 50 replies posted 50 questions asked

Hello

I have to develop a board.

I use FX3S because it can connect to FPGA via GIPF II,

it can connect to uSD thanks to SDIO

it can connect to PC via USB.

FX3S has another SDIO and in the datasheet I see it can connect to WLAN chip.

Is it possible to connect FX3S SDIO to WiLink™ 8 from Teaxas Instruments ?

Here WiLink™ 8 drivers WILINK8-WIFI-MCP8 WiLink™ 8 Proprietary Wi-Fi Driver – QNX, WinCE, Nucleus RTOS baseline | TI.com

Here the chip https://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/wl1835mod.pdf?ts=1605258022453&ref_url=https%253A%252F%252Fwww.ti....

FX3S has a TCP/IP stack ?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hemanth
First like given First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi,

FX3S has SDIO Host controller interface which is compliant to SDIO specification v 3.00 ( section 5.19.6 of the datasheet you provided also mentions the same. And I also think that SDIO 'host controller' is expected to be connected on the SDIO 'host interface' provided by wifi module - you can confirm this)

Also please check section 9 of FX3 TRM for more details on the SDIO interface (eg. from section 9.1 - SDIO interrupt feature, SDIO read-write; suspend-resume features are as specified from SDIO spec revision 2.00)

FX3 TRM can be found in FX3 SDK. Path: {InstallationPath}\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\doc\firmware

FX3S does not have TCP/IP stack.

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Hemanth

Hi,

FX3S has SDIO Host controller interface which is compliant to SDIO specification v 3.00 ( section 5.19.6 of the datasheet you provided also mentions the same. And I also think that SDIO 'host controller' is expected to be connected on the SDIO 'host interface' provided by wifi module - you can confirm this)

Also please check section 9 of FX3 TRM for more details on the SDIO interface (eg. from section 9.1 - SDIO interrupt feature, SDIO read-write; suspend-resume features are as specified from SDIO spec revision 2.00)

FX3 TRM can be found in FX3 SDK. Path: {InstallationPath}\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\doc\firmware

FX3S does not have TCP/IP stack.

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth
0 Likes

What about if I use LwIP ?

lwIP: Overview

0 Likes
Hemanth

Hi,

For CYUSB3014 part, 512KB of RAM is available. I see that LwIP needs 40KB of code space and tens of KB of RAM. This should be okay to implement on FX3.

The default memory map used in fx3 example projects can be modified if needed.

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth
0 Likes