Reserved IO Pins in PSOC 6

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
KeSh_1984591
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

HI Everyone,

I am in trouble. I am currently using PSOC CY8C6137-BZI. I have finalized my schematic and have used gpio 0.0 and 0.1 (Port 0 pin 0 & 1) which now psoc creator says is reserved. Is there anyway through which I can provide permanent high to those pins??? As that will solve my problem.

Please let me know any workaround.

0 Likes
1 Solution
BragadeeshV
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi KeSh_1984591​,

I'm assuming the part number is CY8C6137-BZI-F54. I'm using PSoC Creator 4.3 and I'm able to assign digital output pins to P0.0 and P0.1.

pastedImage_3.png

Check if you have enabled WCO in the clocks configurator. If WCO is enabled, then P0.0 and P0.1 are reserved pins and should be connected to an external WCO crystal. They can not be used as a GPIO. Please confirm.

pastedImage_4.png

If this doesn't solve your issue, please share the project to debug the issue further.

Regards,

Bragadeesh

Regards,
Bragadeesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
BragadeeshV
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi KeSh_1984591​,

I'm assuming the part number is CY8C6137-BZI-F54. I'm using PSoC Creator 4.3 and I'm able to assign digital output pins to P0.0 and P0.1.

pastedImage_3.png

Check if you have enabled WCO in the clocks configurator. If WCO is enabled, then P0.0 and P0.1 are reserved pins and should be connected to an external WCO crystal. They can not be used as a GPIO. Please confirm.

pastedImage_4.png

If this doesn't solve your issue, please share the project to debug the issue further.

Regards,

Bragadeesh

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes

Thanks a lot, this worked.

Actually I new to PSOC6 and so I had no idea regarding this.

Thanks again.

0 Likes

Awesome! Thank you for your interest with our products. Happy exploring

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes