Screen settings

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RuGl_1600761
Employee
Employee
25 replies posted 25 sign-ins 10 replies posted

Hello,

I watch modus 2.x trainings. When using eg. device configurator I get a bad screen resolution. The text on (all) menu bar is so small that I can hardly read. The session presentation looks fine but the view I have in my code configurator is not good. My screen has a resolution of 1920x1200 and device configurator has the version 2.2.What to can I do the enlarge the text on menu item without changing screen settings?

best regards

Rupert

rgl
0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Rupert,

Thank you for your feedback. I have passed this query to the software team for evaluation.

As a workaround, you can zoom in on the pin diagram and also manually resize each of the windows to get the text size as per requirement.

Regards,
Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Hello Rupert,

Can you please share some screenshots so that we can better visualize the problem?

The resolution to this problem can be found here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/3025083/windows-scaling-issues-for-high-dpi-devices

Please check if these settings can help mitigate the problem.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi Dheeraj,

I added two screen shots for both monitor I use. Eclipse screen do not suffer from this problem. Size of menu text and window size is of same size on both monitor. Using eg. Device Configurator the text size and the window proportion changes when moving window from laptop screen to external monitor 1920x1200.

You can easily check when using an external monitor with 1920x1200 or higher resolution. I think the text and window size has to be recalculated in device configurator when updating screen.

As a user I also would like to have a button “reset window” that arranges windows automatically based on the window views open. When activating eg. parameter view inside device configurator I do have to move and dock the window by mouse movement. This could be avoided by automatically adjust window arrangement.

Best regards

Rupert

rgl
0 Likes

Hello Rupert,

Thank you for your feedback. I have passed this query to the software team for evaluation.

As a workaround, you can zoom in on the pin diagram and also manually resize each of the windows to get the text size as per requirement.

Regards,
Dheeraj

0 Likes