CY8C24x23A programming via HSSP (AN44168)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SiVi_4777051
Level 1
Level 1

Hello I am trying to program CY8C24x23A chip using CY8CKIT-059 and application note AN44168. Is it possible to use HSSP to do so?

I also ran into some issues that CY8C58888LTI-LP097 is available in PSoC creator 4.2 and CY8C24423A-24PVXI is available in PSoC Designer 5.4

Thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution

The functions to initiate programming can be seen in issp_programmingsteps.c on lines 53 to 91 inside the ProgramDevice function. Further more, the function InitializeTargetProcedure is defined in line 97 of this same file. This procedure is used to initiate programming (or acquiring) the target device.

Best regards,

Sampath Selvaraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
SampathS_11
250 sign-ins 250 solutions authored 5 questions asked

It is possible to use HSSP on PSoC5LP on CY8CKIT-059 to program CY8C24x23A. The IDE for PSoC5LP is PSoC Creator, and the IDE for CY8C24423A is PSoC Designer..

Best regards,

Sampath

0 Likes

How can I initiate programming of my slave device through master device that was pre programmed with HSSP code?

Hardware connections and all other things look clear - but I was not able to find which software / command line to use

0 Likes

Anyone?

0 Likes

I would like to do the same, but with a CY8C20636A as target device. Did you manage to find a way? Is anyone skilled enough to give us some clues?

0 Likes

The functions to initiate programming can be seen in issp_programmingsteps.c on lines 53 to 91 inside the ProgramDevice function. Further more, the function InitializeTargetProcedure is defined in line 97 of this same file. This procedure is used to initiate programming (or acquiring) the target device.

Best regards,

Sampath Selvaraj

0 Likes