Is there any step by step resource in order to create BLE beacon which advertises a string (or other data types)?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
BeKA_4795986
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am new to Cypress. I am trying to design a simple BLE Beacon that is able to advertise string type data. I found eddystone example but It was a little bit confusing to me. If you have any useful resource to create ble beacon using cypress CY8CPROTO-063-BLE, can you help me? 

Thank you all!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

beka,

I've provided a BLE Beacon and Scanner two project workspace.   PSoC6 BLE Beacon and Scanner Creator projects.

It has all the source code needed.  I used it as my "self-training" on the PSoC6 and BLE.

The projects have the ability to change many operational parameters "on-the-fly"   This can be very instructional on the effects of the parameter changes as well as the programming code to implement it.

I believe you will find it useful as a training tool set.

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

beka,

I've provided a BLE Beacon and Scanner two project workspace.   PSoC6 BLE Beacon and Scanner Creator projects.

It has all the source code needed.  I used it as my "self-training" on the PSoC6 and BLE.

The projects have the ability to change many operational parameters "on-the-fly"   This can be very instructional on the effects of the parameter changes as well as the programming code to implement it.

I believe you will find it useful as a training tool set.

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."