FX2LP compatibility with USB3.1?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
KeMe_4818496
Level 1
Level 1

We're having reports of problems with our products using the FX2LP not being recognized by PCs with USB3.1.  USB3.0 seems to work.  Are there any known compatibility issues?

0 Likes
1 Solution
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

FX2LP is a 2.0 device and the expected bcdUSB field value in device descriptors is 2.0 or 2.1.

Can you please let me know if you referring to the issue of FX2LP being connected to a 3.1 port and not enumerating, or FX2LP not enumerating as 3.1 device?

Thanks,

Yatheesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

FX2LP is a 2.0 device and the expected bcdUSB field value in device descriptors is 2.0 or 2.1.

Can you please let me know if you referring to the issue of FX2LP being connected to a 3.1 port and not enumerating, or FX2LP not enumerating as 3.1 device?

Thanks,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

Hi,

I believe the problem we're seeing is that the device is not enumerating at all when connected to a USB3.1 port.  I wouldn't expect the device to be detected as a USB3.x device as it is USB2.x as you stated.

Thank you

0 Likes

Hello,

Can you please let me know what is reported in the device manager and the error code?

Also can you please capture USB traces between the host and the device and share it? You can you a software analyzer like Wireshark Pcap capture.

Thanks,

Yatheesh

0 Likes