Production programming PSoC6 for DFU both bootloader and app1 at the same time

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
KeMc_4388861
Level 1
Level 1

We have a successful product launched using the PSoC 6 CYBLE-416045-02 module (bluetooth).  We have the DFU working and can also update the app0 application using our own phone apps or CySmart.  Our product is now in full production and I can't figure out how to program both the bootloader and the app0 at the same time.  Right now, I can upload the bootloader through the MiniProg3/4 interfaces connected to a set of pogo pins in our fixture and then OTA the app0 via the ".cyacd2" generated file through CySmart, but that doesn't work when you are building 1000+ at a time from a productivity standpoint.

I am unable to figure out how to flash both the bootloader and app0 at the same time using the MiniProg3/4.  Is there a trick to combining both the files into one and then use PSoC Programmer utility to flash them directly while in our assembly fixture through the MiniProg3/4 interface?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
JeHu_3414236
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes received First like received

This thread has some solutions you may be able to use.  It pertains to the bootloader from PSoC Creator 4.2 and PDL 3.0.4 so it may not be applicable to Modus or later PDL.

Combine bootloader and application into single hex file

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
JeHu_3414236
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes received First like received

This thread has some solutions you may be able to use.  It pertains to the bootloader from PSoC Creator 4.2 and PDL 3.0.4 so it may not be applicable to Modus or later PDL.

Combine bootloader and application into single hex file

0 Likes