CY8KIT-050 No Debug Target

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
KeGa_4777676
Level 1
Level 1

Recently the debug target has disappeared and I am no longer able to program my development kit board. Any advice on how to fix this?

0 Likes
9 Replies
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

kega,

Can you provide some screenshots?

You mentioned:

... and I am no longer able to program my development kit board.

I take it it to mean you had gotten it to work previously.  If so, did you change any jumper settings?

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
0 Likes

Yes it was working previously before I switched locations from SSD to HarddrivePSoCIssue.JPG

0 Likes

KeGa,

Interesting.  I noticed you are using PSoC Creator 4.4.   When you say

... before I switched locations from SSD to Harddrive.

Do you mean switched locations of the project or switched C: drives?

Let's see if we can get a little more of what is "right" with your setup.

When you plug in the USB cable into the -050 board it is in J1 and NOT J2.  (If plug it into J2, I get the same "Select Debug Target" window as you do).  J1 is the USB mini connector

With USB connected to J1, I get the GREEN power LED on D5 lit.

pastedImage_6.png

With USB connected to J1,  my "Device Manager" displays "DVKProg5" under the "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" list.pastedImage_5.png

Len

Len
0 Likes

It looks like there is no DVKProg5 listed under the Universal Serial Bus controllers

0 Likes

KeGa,

Is the Green power LED on?

Len

Len
0 Likes

yes it is

0 Likes

KeGa,

OK, then if the USB cable is plugged into J1, then I would say that PSoC Creator USB drivers were not correctly installed.

Do you have a Virus checking program running and blocking the install?

If "DVKProg5" doesn't show up in the Device Manager, then you should have an "Unknown Device" show up in the Universal Serial Bus Controller category.   The is probably the physical device (VID and PID) of the 050 debug port.

Len

Len
0 Likes

I just did a fresh install. Uninstalled Creator and deleted all the files (including the recycling bin). Then redownloaded the software again, however there is still no driver being recognized. I do not have any Virus programs either.

0 Likes

KeGa,

Here are two more troubleshooting vectors to check out:

1. With the PC on, the USB plugged into the PC and the -050, Check the "Universal Serial Bus controllers" list in the "Device Manager".  You should have an "Unknown Device".  If true, Right-click on this item and select "Properties".  Next select the "Details" tab.  Next select the "Hardware Ids" in the "Property" field.   The 'Value" display should now list the VID and PID values.  VID should = 04B4 and PID should equal F131.
  2. If the above does not have an "Unknown Device" in the "Universal Serial Bus controllers" list in the "Device Manager", then your problem is even more rudimentary and simple to fix.   There's a 99% chance that your USB cable is defective.   Is the cable you are using the one that came with the -050 kit?   The world sells USB charging ONLY cables were only two of the four pins of the USB cable is populated.  If this is the case, the GREEN LED will light but the USB communication protocol will not be established.   If this is the original cable with the kit then it is defective.  A break in the Dp or Dm wires will prevent full USB communication.  This would be why you do not see the "DVKProg5" or "Unknown Device" in the "Universal Serial Bus controllers" list in the "Device Manager".   If this is the answer, find a working USB cable.

Len

Len
0 Likes