DCT from 3.3.1 to 3.5.2, OR tcp patch for 3.3.1?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MiDe_2164101
Level 3
Level 3
Welcome! First question asked First solution authored

I am serving larger pages on a soft AP in Wiced 3.3.1.  It works well at short range, but as soon as there is some distance of packet loss, the pages essentially 'freeze' and don't load.  I believe the main issue is either the DUP ACK as described here (https://community.broadcom.com/thread/5141), or "Fixed TCP restransmission for NetX_Duo" as described in the changelog to 3.5.2.

I tried Wiced 3.5.2 and the issue seems to be fixed or improved.  HOWEVER, now i'm stuck with the incompatible DCT issue.  There's doesn't seem to be any way for me to update my existing devices in the field without directly reprogramming them.

That problem is described here: https://community.broadcom.com/message/22724#22724

So, my question is, what's my best route of attack?  Should I attempt to port the 3.3.1 DCT code forward into a custome 3.5.2c, or am I attempting to back-port the TCP retransmission netx_duo into 3.3.1?

Or is there a patch available somewhere for 3.3.1?

0 Likes
3 Replies
MiDe_2164101
Level 3
Level 3
Welcome! First question asked First solution authored

Looks like forward porting the original DCT was the answer. 

Merged forward these files should anybody want to give it a try.

include\wiced_framework.h

wiced\internal\dct.c

wiced\platform\include\platform_dct.h

wiced\platform\mcu\wiced_apps_common.c

wiced\platform\mcu\wiced_apps_common.h

wiced\platform\mcu\wiced_apps_lut.c

wiced\platform\mcu\wiced_dct_common.h

wiced\platform\mcu\wiced_dct_external_common.c

wiced\platform\mcu\wiced_dct_internal_common.c

wiced\platform\mcu\wiced_waf_common.c

Now to see if this fixes my main issues.

Many people already reported similar issue.

Broadcom (nsankar) replied the SDK compatibility issue will be fixed in next release.

I'm wondering if it really make sense to address this issue by yourself.

Maybe just waiting for next release is a better option.

0 Likes

lorded

Sent the following to the website admin email:

Better, probably. However doing it myself works now.

When the new patch comes out, it should be no problem to go to it if it handles the different DCTs correctly.

0 Likes