Programming tool of CY27430

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MaKi_350451
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - TED (Japan)
First comment on KBA 10 likes given 10 solutions authored

Let us know the programming tools of CY27430.

I think MiniProg3 and Clock programmer for evaluation board. Is it right ?

Do you have 3rd party programming tool for mass production?

Best Regards,

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Masaya-san,

Yes, the two device are not pin compatible. And the CY3679 kit is primarily for the Cy27410.

Since the two deices are variants of each other hence i suggested you to carry out any of your evaluations on the Cy3679 kit as both the device will give the same performance. Having said that you can also design your custom board to test the CY27430 performance. We can help you out with any of the configurations needed and you can check the device performance. (If it suits your application requirements or not)

Regards,

Pradipta.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
PradiptaB_11
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi,

Yes, you can use the Miniprog3 to program the device or you can use the USB port option as well as utilized in the CY3679 kit.

In terms of software, Clock Wizard2.2 or Clock Programmer can be used. Please note you will not be able to do functional programming by using Clock Programmer.

We also have the Programming board for Cy27430 that we suggest to use for mass production. You can contact your local Cypress FAE for more information on the board or if you wish to acquire one.

We cannot suggest any 3rd party programming tools as we have not verified them so we cannot guarantee those tools.

Regards,

Pradipta.

0 Likes
MaKi_350451
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - TED (Japan)
First comment on KBA 10 likes given 10 solutions authored

Dear pradipta san,

Thank you for your answer.

Between CY27430 and CY27410 are not pin compatible.

I think CY3679 kit doesn't use for programming in Cy27430.

Is it right?

Best Regards,

0 Likes

Hi Masaya-san,

Yes, the two device are not pin compatible. And the CY3679 kit is primarily for the Cy27410.

Since the two deices are variants of each other hence i suggested you to carry out any of your evaluations on the Cy3679 kit as both the device will give the same performance. Having said that you can also design your custom board to test the CY27430 performance. We can help you out with any of the configurations needed and you can check the device performance. (If it suits your application requirements or not)

Regards,

Pradipta.

0 Likes