eFuse Programming - Worse Performance at VDDIO0 = 2.5V

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SaWr_4498541
Level 1
Level 1
Welcome!

Hi,

We have blown eFuse bits with VDDIO0 = 3.3V and VDDD=1.8V. With these voltages, blowing fuses can take 1 to 3 attempts.

When we set VDDIO0 = 2.5V and VDDD=1.8V, blowing fuses consistently takes 3 or more attempts. Sometimes, after numerous attempts bits are never blown.

I've seen this post: Re: Does blowing the eFuse require 2.5V or at least 2.5V? (con't) and I've also seen the PSoC63 datasheet indicate "To program an eFuse, VDDIO0 must be at 2.5 V ±5%, at 14 mA."

Do you have guidance as to why setting VDDIO0=2.5V doesn't guarantee bits to be blown? In addition, why would setting VDDIO0=2.5V result in more required eFuse programming attempts?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi SaWr_4498541​,

Can you please let us know how you are programming the eFuse memory? If not already, can you try programming eFuse using PSoC Programmer and MiniProg4?

Also, can you try setting voltages of all power rails to 2.5 V and let me know if that helps?

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

The thread was locked due to inactivity for a long time, you can continue the discussion on the topic by opening a new thread with reference to the locked one. The continuous discussion in an inactive thread may mostly be unattended by community users.

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes