I2C stability of MBR3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ERPE_4726196
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Community,

I post this message because we have some trouble with the I2C of a CY8CMBR3108.

The 0x37 address appears and disappears from the bus even if dummy i2c command are sent to wake up the module and I was not able to send any data to it.

This module is a fresh one, no configuration has be pushed to it yet.

The MBR is connected to an IMX6UL to the I2C0 bus:

- Clock 400Khz

- Pad config 0x4001b8b0

- Supply 3V3

- Pull-Up on SDA et SCL of 10K (also tried with 4K7)

The operating system is Debian Buster kernel 4.14.78.

For the test purposes, I used "i2cdetect 0" to list addresses on the bus and "i2cset 0 0x37 0x00" to try to wake up the MBR

We are awaiting for an oscillo to analyse the bus but maybe someone of you already have faced of this kind of troubles and can help us to solve it.

Many thanks in advance for your help

Regards,

0 Likes
1 Solution
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Can you please test with Bridge control panel tool once? The Bridge control panel is automatically installed in your system when you install PSoC programmer.

Also, if you have Miniprog, please configure the MBR3 using Ez-Click software and see if you are able to see the raw-counts of sensors.

The above two tests confirms whether the issue lies in Hardware. Then, please attach the schematic of your MBR3 for review. Please refer the following appnote for more information regarding above points.

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an90071-cy8cmbr3xxx-capsense-design-guide

Thanks

Ganesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Can you please test with Bridge control panel tool once? The Bridge control panel is automatically installed in your system when you install PSoC programmer.

Also, if you have Miniprog, please configure the MBR3 using Ez-Click software and see if you are able to see the raw-counts of sensors.

The above two tests confirms whether the issue lies in Hardware. Then, please attach the schematic of your MBR3 for review. Please refer the following appnote for more information regarding above points.

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an90071-cy8cmbr3xxx-capsense-design-guide

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes

Hi Ganesh,

Thank you so much for your fast response.

The component has been integrated inside our self carrier board and I don't have miniprog.

I solved the problem using 2K2 pull-up. I think the trouble comes from the current of the iMX6.

Wish you a great day

Regards

Eric

0 Likes